[Sussex] Mandriva Gnome Desktop

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 17:55:28 UTC 2008

With the full version of Mandriva PWP 2008.1 things do go pretty well
but, as with all distros there are little issues and you can contribute.

> In PCLinux/ KDE, and in Mandriva/KDE you can right click on the
> desktop and arrange the alphabetically, grid and vertically /
> horizontally.  How can you do this with GNOME - it only seems to have
> keep aligned on right click?  Full answers please as we are still
> learning on GUI.

right click on desktop, not on an icon and you can auto arrange.
You may wish also to sign up at www.gnome.org and put questions there.

> The reason I need to know this is in case another archive is unpacked
> to the desk top without a folder.  The items were scattered all over
> the desktop and we "lost" a couple which seem to have disappeared  off
> the desktop.  I know this because I checked the contents of the
> archive against what was on the desktop.
I have learnt this as well, so create folder, put the archive file in
there and then all the bits stay, by default in that folder.