[Sussex] Epson RX 685 under "Hardy Heron"?

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Sat Jul 19 15:50:47 UTC 2008

Wotcha List,

My aunt, has recently upgraded her install the 8.04.

Which seems excellent.

The only problem being, that she can't use her Epson RX 685 MFD. The printer
section is detected fine and prints accordingly, but I can't work out why the
scanner section isn't playing.

As far as I can find out, the support for this device from Sane is "good", and
apparently it worked with the earlier version of Kubuntu.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where and what I should be
looking at to get the device working ???

regards

John D.

p.s. she can use the device as she has a dual boot system, but she'd like to
use it under linux instead of having to boot back into windies!