[Sussex] CUPS printing

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 12:15:32 UTC 2008

Clearly I am missing something.
I have been using the setup Mandriva (gui) it requires the Name or IP of
remote server. This is where I am floored I have tried putting in the hub
tcp/ip and then the name of the machine with the printer on it. I have tried
192.168.123.*/allsaints-1/HPLaserjet5M
I just had a look at the printer and find that it has an empty slot for the
HP JetDirect module. So ideally I would plug in this module and then use the
ethernet lead.
However as a matter of principle I do wish to crack this one.
Previously I set the machines to be static tcp/ip (and I did have them
working then with previous version of Mandriva)  but really I want them to
be dynamically defined.