[Sussex] CUPS printing

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Tue Jun 17 13:53:43 UTC 2008

Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> Clearly I am missing something.
> I have been using the setup Mandriva (gui) it requires the Name or IP of
> remote server. This is where I am floored I have tried putting in the
> hub tcp/ip and then the name of the machine with the printer on it. I
> have tried 192.168.123. <http://192.168.123.>*/allsaints-1/HPLaserjet5M

Use a browser and go to localhost:631 you should see the cups web interface

You need a fully qualified URI, something like:

ipp://grenache:631/printers/samsung

where grenache is the host name (replace with IP address if no name)
and "samsung" is the name of the printer.

If you use the web interface and you allow browsing in the host config then
you should be able to see it easily.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1903 236872  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Linux server is like wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside.