[Sussex] List Policy (Removal of submissions)

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Fri May 9 12:28:26 UTC 2008

Steve Dobson wrote:

> A few days back the admins for the LUG.ORG.UK server were contacted by
> an ex Sussex member asking for his postings to our list to be deleted.

> So what should we do?

Considering that every subscriber to the list might have a copy of the list
messages I don't think deleting them from the archive is sensible, it
certainly won't make them disappear from the Internet, places like the
wayback machine will still have copies.

It's fairly normal to consider messages to mailing lists to be in the Public
Domain.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1903 236872  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out.