[Sussex] List Policy (Removal of submissions)

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Fri May 9 12:39:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 12:26:50PM +0100, Steve Dobson wrote:
> So what should we do?  My own preference is to say that the mail list is
> a record of the communications of this group and as such are sacrosanct.

Agree with you 100%.

Ignoring the principles involved, from a purely practical pespective
removing a person's posts from the archives will achieve very little. All
of the people subscribed at the time will have copies and any archives
published on the web will be there in perpetuity thanks to sites like The
Internet Archive.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner