[Sussex] USB Flash Drives low price

John Crowhurst info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 11:16:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, October 18, 2008 11:04, John D. wrote:
> I understand (not sure if I'm correct) that the actual plugs are the
> same ?????

Much like RS232C could have the same connector but run at any speed, bit
size etc, the USB port has the same connector and can run at different
speeds. Unlike RS232, the speed of the slowest device automatically makes
all the others communicate at that speed.

There is little point in buying USB1 flash drives since you are limited to
one speed, however a USB2 drive will work faster in a USB2 port (if you
have a laptop and get a USB2 PCMCIA card in the future, or a PCI card in a
desktop that gives you USB2 ports)

--
John Crowhurst
John's Computer Support