[Sussex] New Moot Attendance List for Testing

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Thu Oct 23 18:27:36 UTC 2008

Hi Gavin

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 19:04 +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> I haven't had an e-mail yet. I first signed up last night & I tried again around
> 6:30 PM this evening & still no sign of an e-mail. I'm not running any strong spam
> filters & anything that did get rejected would go the "Trash" folder first so that
> I could inspect it. Also, I double-checked to make sure that my e-mail was typed
> correctly.
>
> ***News Flash***: I just tried signing up with a different e-mail address & the
> confirmation e-mail came through immediately. This is weird because the address I
> used originally is the one I use for this list so it should have worked.

There was some problems with the mail system configured on that server.
Now fix, but at the time it might have cause the outgoing e-mail to be
rejected.

I think that proves that the e-mail verification is working and we can
now use this form for next week's moot.

> > Is the daily reminder e-mail sent out to the list worth doing again?
> > Not sure how useful it is.
> >
> I think the daily reminder e-mail is useful because it gives confirmation that
> signing up for the moot has been successful. As the Holbrook club requires such
> a list, it is handy to know that your name is on it.
>
> Nice to have an automated sign-up system again. Thanks for your hard work Steve.

Good point, I'll work on that next.

Steve Dobson

Sushido, n.:
The way of the tuna.