[Sussex] New Moot Attendance List for Testing

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Thu Oct 23 18:04:16 UTC 2008

Steve,

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:19:08 +0100
Steve Dobson <steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk> wrote:

> Is the text displayed on sign-up form and sent out in the e-mail
> clear? The two people (Gavin & Alex) that haven't confirmed is that
> because you haven't bothered to click the link in the e-mail or
> because you didn't get it.

I haven't had an e-mail yet. I first signed up last night & I tried again around 6:30 PM this evening & still no sign of an e-mail. I'm not running any strong spam filters & anything that did get rejected would go the "Trash" folder first so that I could inspect it. Also, I double-checked to make sure that my e-mail was typed correctly.

***News Flash***: I just tried signing up with a different e-mail address & the confirmation e-mail came through immediately. This is weird because the address I used originally is the one I use for this list so it should have worked.

> Is the daily reminder e-mail sent out to the list worth doing again?
> Not sure how useful it is.

I think the daily reminder e-mail is useful because it gives confirmation that signing up for the moot has been successful. As the Holbrook club requires such a list, it is handy to know that your name is on it.

Nice to have an automated sign-up system again. Thanks for your hard work Steve.

Gavin.