[Sussex] Mobile Internet Access

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:30:07 UTC 2009

> I have just bought a Vodafone USB Modem Stick Pro, which with hindsight
> might not have been a great idea. The software will not load under Wine
> using Ubuntu Jaunty. Does anyone know if I would be better off swapping for
> the lower speed non-pro model or will I still have the same problem?

I have a number of users using mobile broadband on Mandriva and it works
well (and easier than M$), you do not use the software on the sim but
only the linux. But you then have to ask the provider for 3 items:-

1/ Access Point
2/ User ID
3/ Password

Although it is a little difficult to get that information out of them,
("it is on the sim") they do provide it.

On Friday I am with somebody and will be installing their Vodaphone
Mobile Broadband.

Are you aware that O2 dongle uses cell network AND any nearby BT hubs?