[Sussex] Mobile default browser

Andrew Guard andrew10 at andrewguard.com
Tue Apr 20 12:09:15 UTC 2010

Be have discussion and it rather interesting point. As mobiles are
becoming all sing all doing there is one sticky issue the browser. As
would all know Microsoft was forced by Europe to do browser ballott
screen. Now mobiles have same issue with the browser. Now I should
explain what I mean by default browser, a default browser is browser
on your phone that is use automatically by default, ie if get
sms/e-mail on you phone and it has an http url link it use that
browser.

1) You can install any browser but it not default browser.
2) You can install any browser and make default browser. (Wow, the dream)
3) You can only install which browser the manufacture allows on it but
not make it default browser.
4) You can only install a browser that manufacture allows on it and
you can make it default.
5) Forget about installing any other browser.

So as understand it that

(1) Symbian

PS I only have experience with Symbian phones. So what is like
Microsoft Windows Mobile, Apple, Android.

--
Now a beta tester for Google Wave