[Sussex] Thanks for the DropBox talk Gavin

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Thu May 27 22:44:35 UTC 2010

Thanks Gavin for the quickie talk on DropBox, what it does and
how it can be used.

I didn't get into the whole cloud thing - didn't have a need. But
it seems different now I have the name of a product that does
it.

Also learned a new term: freemium. Great staff :)

Gerry gave us a verdict on how it behaved on his server, using
up resources, which was useful. I've just checked up on polling,
and the first forum result I found suggests it doesn't.
http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=5558. Pity you had to
take it off again, perhaps there's some configuration tweak that
would make it behave.

 Best Regards,
Fay
East Grinstead Linux User Group