[Sussex] PDF file printing problem

Dave davidpipe at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 13:27:08 UTC 2011

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:57:37 +0000 Gavin Stevens<starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net>  writ
> Subject: [Sussex] PDF file printing problem
> To: Sussex LUG<sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk>
>

> Happy New Year to everyone.
>
> I have an annoying problem in that I can't get PDF files to print out.
> I have a Hewlett-Packard Laserjet 4000N&  I'm running Debian Squeeze.
> The printer prints many other things with no problem.
>
> It is connected to two computers via a data switch&  is connected using
> the parallel port.
>
> The second PC is a dual-boot Debian Squeeze/Windows XP&  PDF files
> print out with no problem on Windows XP but will not print out on the
> Debian installation on the second machine either.
>
> I am rather baffled as to why this is the case&  any thoughts would be
> most welcome.
A quick Google sh0ws that there have been problems printing PDF files
even in Windows.

You might want to look at the following link - Ubuntu, not Debian
Squeeze and relating to an HP Laserjet 1320 but the fix may work - look
halfway down for "pastudan's" entry dated February 6th 2010 10:12 PM.

Dave P

--
"You can't rush science Gibbs. You can yell at it, but you can never
rush it." Abby Sciuto