[Sussex] An introduction and Apache

Dominic Humphries linux at oneandoneis2.org
Thu Jun 16 07:57:56 UTC 2011

Hi Will,

> I hear that recently you had a talk on the command line. Trust me to
> join just too late! I could have really used that meeting.

That was my talk, and tho I probably won't be giving it again, I did put
a transcript on my blog that you may find useful:
http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.org/index.php/2011/05/27/heart-of-linux

> I'm sure at some point my server will be attacked, and its only then
> will I learn how to keep it secure. But I'm very paranoid about the
> little things I notice myself.

You might like to look up a few of the security tools for Linux, such as
snort and nmap (which has the claim to fame of being the application
Trinity used to hack a computer via ssh in The Matrix ;) if you're
worried about your server's security.

Dominic