[Sussex] New Ubuntu (11.04) older PC (about 5 y.o.) and how, to get it sorted - possible fur

john davis johnsemailaccount at gmail.com
Sun May 22 15:19:51 UTC 2011

Yes, I also thought that might be the case, so to rule that out, I set the
BIOS to use the second drive (the offending PC has a DVD RW and separate CD
ROM drive). We get the same result from both (and the same symptoms).

Hence its too much of a coincidence for both drives to go south at the same
time. Plus when we get it (the PC) running with the installed version, the
drives both seem to work fine, as they do when its booted into Windows (she
dual boots Ubuntu and Windows XP pro).