[Sussex] ACPI problem, Debian Wheezy

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Mon Aug 6 16:23:43 UTC 2012

Hello Gavin,

Have you tried to disable ACPI yet?

Here is a thread with some tips on how to do it:

Before you make any lasting changes, you can try it by temporarily
adding the "acpi=off" in GRUB. If that works, you can go and add it to
your GRUB defaults.

During bootup, press <Ctrl>+<E> in your boot screen. Move the highlight
to the "kernel" entry, and add "acpi-off" at the end. Once you have done
that, hit <Ctrl>+<B> to boot the kernel with those options.

Let's see if it works! :-)

Regards,
Jan Henkins