[Sussex] ACPI problem, Debian Wheezy

Gavin Stevens gavin.stevens at gavmusic.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 23:55:09 UTC 2012

Hi Jan,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'd already tried "acpi=off". I
tried it again just now & it made a few differences: It produced a
"pnpbios" message suggesting that I turn off pnpbios (already disabled
in BIOS); it still appears to try to start ACPI & returns a message
saying that there was an "error talking to the kernel via RNETLINK1" &
it then goes to a blank screen (before typing "acpi=off" it had the
"INVALID _PCT DATA" message).

If the machine tries to boot normally (without "acpi=off") it produces
a message "waiting for /dev to be fully populated ACPI: INVALID _PCT
DATA" but it carries on booting past that before coming to a halt as
mentioned.

I tried booting in recovery mode (with "acpi=off" for good measure) & I
got the command line & was able to log in as root, which is a start.

I hope this may assist you in identifying the problem.

Many thanks,
Gavin.