[Sussex] ACPI problem, Debian Wheezy [Fixed]

Gavin Stevens gavin.stevens at gavmusic.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 23:08:06 UTC 2012

Hi Jan,

I am typing this e-mail on the PC that had the ACPI problem. I noted
that Puppy Linux had worked fine when I ran it from CD so I concluded
that the problem wasn't the machine itself. I couldn't find a way of
fixing it with Debian Wheezy installed as the ACPI problem prevented
any method of successful booting into Debian.

I have installed Squeeze & everything is running well - I even went
straight back into my old Gnome 2 desktop with everything as it used to
be before Wheezy went over to Gnome 3 (at which point I abandoned
Gnome).

Many thanks for your help & consideration of the problem. I'm pleased
that this PC is up & running again & I can organise immediate backup
of personal data files!

Gavin.