[Sussex] How to sort out "crippled" android on smart phone (samsung Galaxy Note 2).

Dave Garry daveg at firsdown.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 14 19:02:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

A google for "Samsung Galaxy Note 2 usb mass storage" reveals:

"Unfortunately USB mass storage is not working on the Samsung
Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2, because it seems like Samsung disabled
it somehow. There are only two USB file transfer modes available, the
MTP ( media sharing ) and PTP ( camera mode ), which aren’t very
useful for everyone."

(http://www.android.gs/how-to-enable-usb-mass-storage-on-the-samsung-galaxy-note-2/)

What a pity.

I'd install Airdroid on the phone, available in the play store, then point
a browser at it and upload that way.

Hope that helps. This may be easier than rooting the phone.

--
Dave