[Sussex] How to sort out "crippled" android on smart phone (samsung Galaxy Note 2).

John The Fatbloke johnsemailaccount at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:09:12 UTC 2013

Thanks for all the excellent responses to my query (well mission really....)

I don't know why I didn't find some of the info in the responses before
(it's the third time I've looked for an answer about this). Probably
incorrect/idiot search parameters on my part.

After I posted the question, I found some of the stuff, like why google
have dropped the USB mass storage, yet it still didn't make sense why they
didn't just offer it as an add on type choice - surely they've got enough
linux guru types in their fold to have worked out that it would be likely
to cause issue...... but who really knows.....

Your kind responses are very much appreciated and give me something to look
into - hopefully I'll be able to work out how to sort this out, rather than
having to hope that they might get round to releasing some sort of
answer/cure.

Please excuse any further idiot level questions that may arise from my
trying to sort this.

regards

John D.