[Sussex] IT Manager job (in Brighton)

Dennis Dryden ddryden at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:25:43 UTC 2013

We have lots of job's available in the company I work for due to expansion
including an IT manager role.

This role consists of:

   - Leading the day-to-day management of the IT Support helpdesk, ensuring
   that user support requests are dealt with promptly
   - Supporting our users on a mix of Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux and Windows 7
   clients, in offices across the world
   - Troubleshooting issues with Linux based file servers (primarily Samba
   and LDAP)
   - Planning and tracking capacity and resilience in the new and existing
   offices
   - Maintaining and improving inter-office audio-visual systems and
   teleconferencing setups
   - Ensuring and extending enterprise-wide compliance of our IT and
   security policies
   - Actively ensuring that everyone in the company can work safely and
   efficiently.

We are looking for candidates with experience of the following:

   - Project planning for and management of a small team
   - Supporting Linux and Mac OS X as first-tier desktop platforms
   - Running Asterisk based VoIP solutions
   - Specification and planning of satellite offices, ideally
   internationally
   - Running an international support helpdesk

Experience of the following would also be beneficial:

   - Mac OS X Server, or general Mac OS central management
   - Running a Samba 4.0 based PDC
   - Knowledge of ITIL or similar methodologies
   - Ensuring compliance to industry standards on information security
   management (FISMA, ISO27001, CAMM, etc.)
   - Proven experience in team management
   - Fluency in a foreign language

For more information see http://www.brandwatch.com/careers/#collapse31914

Sorry for the cross list post. If you have any questions or are interested
please get in contact with me.

Cheers,
Dennis