[Sussex] IT Support Tech Job (in Brighton)

Dennis Dryden ddryden at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:32:23 UTC 2013

Hello,
We have lots of job's available in the company I work for due to expansion
including a Junior IT Support Technician role. Our IT network is was
equally split over Linux, Windows and Mac though I think Mac's have been
replacing Windows.

The duties will include:

   - Support of users’ IT requirements, directly and also remotely from the
   Brighton office, primarily on a mixture of Mac OS and Ubuntu Linux
   environments.
   - Build and fixing of our internal systems hardware.
   - Learning as much as you can about the rest of the systems so that you
   can develop into a more senior role.

We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:

   - Passion about technology (eg. a CS degree or as a hobbyist)
   -  Experience running Linux on a home PC (or professionally)
   - Ability to identify and repair PC hardware faults
   - Experience of IT user support (professionally or for friends/family)
   - The ability to get things done (ie. focus your efforts correctly)
   - A sharp mind and the ability to learn quickly

Any of the following would be beneficial:

   - Programming or scripting experience
   - Experience of supporting networked workstations (Windows/Mac/Linux)
   - Mac OS X experience
   - Linux / Mac OS Command-line experience
   - Experience supporting AV setups
   - Experience working on a helpdesk

Sorry for the cross list post. If you have any questions or are interested
please get in contact with me.

Cheers,
Dennis