[Sussex] Anyone into Agile development?

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Thu Apr 23 20:36:27 UTC 2015

Hi Sussex!

Is anyone into Agile development?

Re. Clocks & Clouds + Agile Transformations!

I am going along to the meeting as it is going to be informative. I
can offer lifts to three people, starting from East grinstead. If you
live along the route, or if you prefer to drive, please contact me.

Meeting Tues May 12th at 6.30pm. Doors open at 6:30pm, meeting proper
starts at 7:30pm and goes on until 10:00pm.

Full details at
http://www.meetup.com/Passionate-About-Software/events/221992074/
where you can register for the meeting.

"Software Meetup Surrey" are having their monthly meeting on Tues 12th
May. This meetup will be sponsored by Think IT and so will be a little
different. I guess the most exciting difference is that Think IT will
be buying the beers!

This meeting is being held at the Epsom Playhouse, Ashley Avenue,
Epsom, KT18 5AL.
http://www.epsomplayhouse.co.uk/119/how-to-get-here/how-to-get-here.html

On site car parking, but there may be a charge.

There are two guest speakers:

1. Matt Ballantine, CEO of Stamp London, who has spent the past 20
years helping organisations make sense of where technology, content
and people collide. Peter has built, coached and mentored teams in V
Model, Agile, and Agile Transformation. Matt is also a regular
industry commentator and speaker, and writes for CIO Magazine on
themes of digital disruption.

2. Peter Maynard, Senior Management Consultant with 25 years of IT
experience, who has built, coached and mentored teams in V Model,
Agile, and Agile Transformation.

Matt’s meetup talk is entitled ‘Clocks & Clouds’.

It is about Agile Software Development. Matt explores recent ideas on
developing platforms, he will be sharing some new perspectives,
insights and ideas on how you can increase the effectiveness of
software by looking beyond just the software.

Peter’s meetup talk is entitled ‘Successful Agile Transformation’.

For organisations to remain competitive, there is an ever increasing
need for IT to deliver functionally rich, high quality, client facing
software quicker than ever before. Many organisations are now turning
to ‘Agile’ methodologies as a solution of choice. Peter takes you
through the spectrum of development methodologies, looks at some of
hurdles in transforming to Agile, and an alternative approach to Agile
which has less impact.

Best regards,
Fay