[Sussex] A new LUG

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Tue May 23 17:28:42 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 03:08:14PM +0100, woodman tim via Sussex wrote:
> I am Tim, a senior geek living in Tunbridge Wells who wants to form a West Kent
> LUG.

[…]

> I would be glad of any feedback or suggestions from you all, the difficulties of
> setting one up and keeping it active, encouraging others, the legal aspects and
> funding. We are not rich folk at all so need to do this on the cheap, it that is
> possible.

You can do it for free, except for your own time.

static hosting.

The most important factor in my opinion is holding regular meetings
and documenting them (on your web site, social media and mailing
list etc).

It is easy to get hung up on administrivia and infrastructure but
having somewhere for people to post, holding meetings and telling
people about them should come first I think.

Cheers,
Andy