[SWLUG] Tracing email addresses

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 10:02:19 UTC 2002

Is there any way to tell where an email address is redirected to.
For example you receive and email from someone at somedomain.com
and the headers seem to say that it came from joe.bloggs at somelittleisp.com

Can anyone think of a way of interrogating the DNS system or something to
find out if the somelittleisp.com address is where your email will end up
when you reply to the somedomain.com address.

It is dead easy to forge email addresses and I want to check something in
something I was sent.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
NOTE NEW WEB ADDRESS