[SWLUG] Last Minute Meeting Announcement - DOH!

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 6 00:07:16 UTC 2002

On Monday 05 August 2002 09:39 pm, Robert McQueen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 08:26:53PM +0100, bascule wrote:
> > lets see...
> > a) everyone left before i got there
> > b) everyone was still there but have all had cosmetic surgery recently
> > c) only people i've not met yet were there
> > d) i'm blind
> > e) i was in the wrong pub
> > f) everyone waited until i had left and then arrived
> > h) what happened to g)?
> > i) aliens
> > g) ah, there it is!
> >
> > never mind :-)
>
> j) Neil arrived before us and got kicked out for wearing a butterfly
> t-shirt, not buying a drink, and looking generally dodgy, or something
> along these lines, and was forcibly removed from the premises. We
> re-located to the Gatekeeper and came back to the PoW twice to check,
> but couldn't see any familiar faces.
>
> > i'm still on for those cds rob, mail us direct and i'll arrange to pick
> > them up off you in case i can't make the next meet
> >
> > bascule
>
> Regards,
> Rob

Well, it was considerably more scary than that Rob. I am wondering if I'd
rather have the football hooligans than that again. I would definitely warn
anyone against going there again. I am, as those of you who know me know, a
respectable pacific. law abiding, life long teetotaler with graying hair. ( I
am also a trustee of several large charities.) Phil's words to me afterwards
were, if I remember correctly ,"You are the last person this would happen to".
I suggest we all stay well away, or they will pick on someone for having hair
too long or the wrong colour  or something. I don't really know why,
perhaps It was my limp that did it. As some of you know I haven't been in too
good health for some time. Today was a bad day and my legs were not too good.
It may have marked me out as a target for bullying. Needless to say I am
consider taking the matter further. If only for the sake of some other
unfortunate. Frightening!  I am glad to have had some friends to speak to
afterwards. Thanks guys for turning up.

Sorry if this messed things up for anyone else.  This could have happened to
ANYONE!.

I don't propose to air the gory details on this list and I'd ask others not
to enter into a prolonged debate, but if you want to know more email me
direct.

Might I suggest that mobile numbers of a few key people are shared around.
It helps a lot. For example last time when we had to leave and go to to the
curry house because the pub had stopped serving food!
 It would have helped me considerably tonight if I could have contacted
people without having to hang around.

Neil