[SWLUG] playing mp3s over the network

bascule excession at bigfoot.com
Tue Jun 11 15:47:10 UTC 2002

i have a simple 10mb/s lan and wish to place my 10gigs worth of mp3s on a
server box and play them over the network to make space on my main box,
1. in order to keep playback continuous is there some simple way to give the
mp3s transfer priority over any other activity,
2. is the best way to mount the mp3 directory via, say, nfs and play (i use
xmms) as if from a local directory, or to use some other better way to do
this?

bascule
--
Ninety percent of true love is acute, ear-burning embarrassment.
(Wyrd Sisters)