[SWLUG] meeting venues

Philip Downer philip.downer at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 14 16:56:58 UTC 2002

As everyone probably knows already we seem to be having problems with
our regular meeting venues, The Goose seems to be unreceptive to anyone
under 18 even if accompanied by parents and the Prince Of Wales seems to
be unsuitable for different reasons which I won't mention here.

I'm not suggesting that we change this weeks venue because it is a bit
late for that, however I think we ought to try and find a new venue for
the Cardiff meet on the 28th. The Gatekeeper springs to min as an
instant alternative but that is not really suitable and should be kept
as a fall back option in my opinion.

If I remember correctly someone suggested a Cafe in Cardiff that stays
open late might let us have the upstairs floor for a meeting, could we
possibly try and get in there for the 28th?

Another aspect that I have been thinking of is wether or not we should
try and hold more non-pub based meetings anyway. We did have this before
where there would be installs and demos of distributions and other
software, but having this every fortnight wouldn't work in my opinion so
perhaps we could try and hold one meeting a month in a place where we
can have talks/demos/installs?

Any opinions?

Phil