[SWLUG] meeting venues

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Oct 15 09:52:58 UTC 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 05:56:58PM +0100 or thereabouts, Philip Downer wrote:
> As everyone probably knows already we seem to be having problems with
> our regular meeting venues.
[snip]
> If I remember correctly someone suggested a Cafe in Cardiff that stays
> open late might let us have the upstairs floor for a meeting, could we
> possibly try and get in there for the 28th?
>
> Another aspect that I have been thinking of is wether or not we should
> try and hold more non-pub based meetings anyway. We did have this before
> where there would be installs and demos of distributions and other
> software, but having this every fortnight wouldn't work in my opinion so
> perhaps we could try and hold one meeting a month in a place where we
> can have talks/demos/installs?

Anyone else in Swansea seen the new "community centre" attempt in
Wind Street on the way down from the station? There is a fantastic
big room upstairs and they want people to make use of it.

It's opposite the big orange-and-purple garish flats, or whatever
they are.

It's all rather hippy-ish downstairs, so naturally I approve.
They are trying to get a garden going out the back, get a
drop-in coffee place going, and all sorts of stuff. They've
also just had a pile of computers nicked, so I wouldn't say
it's necessarily somewhere safe to leave stuff, but they do
have power points in the upstairs room.

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether they're open at all
in the evening. I can easily ring one of the organisers to
find out though.

Telsa