[SWLUG] Linux Awareness Day - Saturday 17th May

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Wed Apr 9 21:36:22 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 08:48, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> > A few people have been asking about doing talks at regular meetings,
> > this would be an ideal opportunity for anyone that wants to do a talk or
> > would like someone else to do a talk on something to speak up. We should
> > be able to schedule a talk or two in throughout the day.
> A "what is free software" one might be a thought.

Ok, sounds good. Does anyone want to volunteer to do this?

> Publicity. I am sure there will be a HOWTO on this, but I
> haven't looked. We need: leaflets/fliers; some posters up in
> relevant university departments; someone to get onto the
> Evening Post and whatever the Cardiff paper is. Or the Western
> Mail, I suppose: especially if other Welsh LUGs are doing
> anything for the day. There's a LUG in Aber and one in Anglesey:
> any more? I will mail if I have the addresses.

I was planning to draft a mail towards the end of this week which we
could use to send on to the other LUG lists and I was planning to send
it to the UK Lugmaster list.

> Something for people either to remember to bring or to beg from
> County Hall: power bars or whatever they're called. If we find
> there are only three sockets in the room, it would really help
> to bring some of those. We have one that's a monster and has
> ten plugs on it. But it's in use and I'm not switching it off:
> I think the mailserver is on that :)

I have 2 that I can probably bring along, I think I will draw the line
at bringing the UPS though :)

Phil