[SWLUG] Re: Discuss digest, Vol 1 #235 - 10 msgs

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Apr 14 13:12:28 UTC 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 12:50:06PM +0100 or thereabouts, Rhys Sage wrote:

> Thanks for the responses.
> I'll try to summarise.
> 1. Complaints about everything cramming onto 3 lines: It was a
> cut and paste from a text file and looked OK when I sent it.
> Blame Bill Gates for that one!

What mailer are you using? It's possible to fix this, but the
instructions vary with the mailer.

> 2. RAM on my Linux box: 256MB.

Good heavens. No problem, then.

> 5. SME Linux is a bit broken - Shh - don't let the guys at
> e-smith.org hear you say that. Personally, I think it was stuffed
> before it was even written!

What makes me laugh is that one of the documenters for the
e-smith server and gateway is the same person who has a set
of DocBook macros for vim-users.

> Now - a question: How do I recognise everybody at the Goose?
> Is it a case of a red carnation in the lapel and one trouser
> leg lifted to the knee and a funny handshake? ;)

So far, we've always been in the same place: right by the
windows on the left as you enter. We're generally the ones
who have rearranged a bunch of tables into one long one.

Justin made two little notices that say "SWLUG" on them.
I left one of them at the Shot in the Dark in Cardiff some
months ago, but I still have the other and will try to
remember to bring it.

I don't think we're that difficult to spot. Look for
tshirts saying "Gnome" or "Debian" or "code poet" and
so on. Like Gareth, I have a picture on my website at
http://www.linux.org.uk/~telsa/ although I think I have
lost that hat.

Make sure you have your battery charged up. I don't
actually remmeber whether there are power points we
can get to there.

Telsa