[SWLUG] can i boot win98 on a slave ide drive from lilo ?

Carter N. N.Carter at Swansea.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 09:12:44 UTC 2003

> OK, so it's not strictliy linux, but, lilo won't boot win 98. the
> windows boot loader is on the mbr of the drive - but its the slave

My understanding is that Windows won't book unless it's the master dvice on
the primary channel. Not sure if this is a limitation in the OS or just the
loader. Hmmm...

Neil
Neil Carter            Psychology Department
IT Technician    University of Wales Swansea
                       Wales, United Kingdom

http://psy.swansea.ac.uk/staff/Carter/