[SWLUG] Linux Install Day

Richard richard at gotworms.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 00:23:28 UTC 2003

> * mental-note: make backups *

On a side note... perhaps the above could mean a little fund raiser... We
bring a machine with a CD burner... and any files they want to backup, we
offer to backup their data to CD free of charge, providing they buy the
media off us...

Just a thought...

On another tangent... it may be a good idea to put something on the website
explaining what "installing linux" actually means... you will get idiots...
and they'll think that linux is the new version of Micro$oft office...

As for venue, I would reccommend someplace like a university room... your
BOUND to get lots of interest from a uni... Swansea or Cardiff or even
Glamrogan Uni in Pontypridd (*sigh* the memories)... Reasons for this choice
in venue: you may be able to get some form of net access... possibly even
onto JANET (Mirror.ac.uk here we come)...

Okay... I'll stop spamming you guy's now :)

--
Richard