[SWLUG] Linux Install Day

Robert McQueen robot101 at debian.org
Thu Jan 16 18:49:06 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 05:06:49PM +0000, Philip Downer wrote:
> Rob organised one of the first Cardiff meetings if I remember correctly,
> so he may know the price.
>
> Phil

It was somewhere in the £40 ballbark, very easy to book. I knew about
the Trevithick building because it was near to my school, and just
called up the relevant number in the phone book, hospitality or
something. Confirmed time and requirements on the phone, they sent me
some booking form I had to sign (retrospectively =) and an invoice I
paid by cheque a few days later. I'm sure we could've had sandwiches or
tea & biscuits laid on if we wanted, or an OHP or lecture theatre or
whatever. On that note... a Swansea uni bod was saying to Alan they'd be
happy to host some linuxy event for free or cheap. Worth following up?

Regards,
Rob