[SWLUG] Linux Install Day

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Thu Jan 16 17:06:49 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 17:55, Ian Hill wrote:
> Well I'm at Cardiff Uni, and I know we hire out rooms. The booking
> has to be sponsored by a University department. See:
> http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/ests/booking/aboutroombookings.html

We have used Cardiff University before for regular LUG meetings.

> Pros: almost certainly adequate space, easy to find (close to shot in
> the dark), comes complete with a pool of potential visitors :-) Also
> my experience is that the rooms arent booked that often so the
> chances of availability are high.

The experiences we've had at Cardiff Uni before have all been good, but
we did occsionally get put in some quite small rooms. I don't think we
ever had any Cardiff university students turn up at LUG meetings when we
held them there, but I don't think we really advertised it either.

> Cons: Price (I don't know what the price is - but there will be one.
> Surely everywhere will charge? How do we pay?)

Rob organised one of the first Cardiff meetings if I remember correctly,
so he may know the price.

Phil