[SWLUG] Colbalt qube 2

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue Jul 22 13:16:39 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 13:58, dot.dot.dotty.dot at ntlworld.com wrote:

> i can connect to the server from my XP box (with a manual IP config in XP) but i cant seem to get out to the out side world.

Never actually used the cobalt user interface and config tools,
so i shall try a more fundamental question...

Did you set the default route / gateway of the xp box to be the ip
address of the Qube ?

An easy thing to overlook in the windows config tool (afair).

Failing that, seeing as its a cobalt product, does it still have all the
cobalt specific configuration stuff. and have you enabled routing and IP
Masquerading (aka NAT) in there ?