[SWLUG] Very strange!

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 19:33:44 UTC 2003

Gareth, I wondered about that crossover box - whether it was defective. It
surely couldn't have been because I'd already returned a defective one. What
it does is it takes two patch leads and acts as a crossover. Anyway, I took
it back to the shop and asked them to test it. After 15 minutes of careful
examination, they pronounced it DOA and proceded to find me a replacement
from their stash of crossovers. Each and every one proved to be defective
after which the salesman gave me a refund and declared that brand of box to
have a "generic defect". That's the first time I've heard a bad batch called
a "generic defect". It's very strange to have a whole batch that's useless.
Perhaps the manufacturer should get the bits made outside of China!

Telsa, I can't think of any better way to distribute my CV to agencies etc
than by using spamming techniques. I draw the line at agencies. They send me
their spam so I send them mine. I even put Javascript in occasionally
although I'm leaning more toward Perl script these days.

I can see that my statement of "familiar with the concepts behind ISO 2000"
is probably about as far as I dare go. I just don't get why people have to
make things so complicated. Personally I'd burn all the ISO documents and
make them rewrite them on half a side of A4 and no more. There's way too
much hot air in the world and way too many civil servants pumping it out!

Yours,

Rhys