[SWLUG] Very strange!

nat nat at nuqe.net
Tue Jun 3 20:47:36 UTC 2003

earlier <rhys_sage at yahoo.com> wrote...

> Each and every one proved to be defective
> after which the salesman gave me a refund and declared that brand of
> box to have a "generic defect". That's the first time I've heard a
> bad batch called a "generic defect". It's very strange to have a
> whole batch that's useless. Perhaps the manufacturer should get the
> its made outside of China!

In the past working on projects I have found people buy rollover couplers
instead of crossover couplers they look identical, but a rollover adaptor
is to be used when connecting upto the console port of Cisco equipment.

I've seen a few local computer shops get 'cross' and 'roll' mixed up in
the past.

Nat,