[SWLUG] Linux Awareness Day

Chris M. Jackson C.M.Jackson at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 11:56:15 UTC 2003

On 4 Jun 2003, Philip Downer wrote:

> Hi Everyone,

> First of all is a request for people to confirm what equipment they can
> bring along, as most of the responses I've had before haven't been able
> to commit to anything because the days were a long time off. So if you
> would like to bring along any equipment to demonstrate stuff or to
> perhaps get help could you please let me know.

Since the change of date puts me in Swansea rather than Cardiff at the
time, I am having second thoughts about bringing that PII I was donated.
As you've already said, it may be difficult to know this far away -
especially since I haven't even moved back home yet.

> There will also hopefully be demonstrations of the Welsh translations of
> Gnome that people within the LUG have been working on.

Yay bang (my "one" button is borken)

> Several people have offered to supply webcams so we should have good
> coverage of the event.

Live news desk?  (Read: Someone gets to IRC all day ;)

Still hoping I can get there,