[SWLUG] cardiff meetings

Robert McQueen robot101 at debian.org
Thu Mar 13 12:51:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:27:53AM +0000, Dick Porter wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 23:48, Stuart Herbert wrote:
> > Erm, sorry, but from our experience this month, it seems that they meet in
> > there every week at the moment :(
>
> The suggestion at the meeting was to add another condition to the
> scheduling algorithm:
>
> If the Cardiff meeting would fall on a Wednesday, move it to the
> Thursday.
>
> IIRC, the reason we don't have Thursday meetings is because Robert
> couldn't attend, but as he doesn't attend any more anyway that doesn't
> matter now :)
>
> - Dick

That's not the only reason. Friday-Sunday were discounted as weeekend-type
times, and we didn't want <meeting days> mod <meeting venues> to be 0
because then we'd always have meetings in the same places on the same days,
and some people who could only make one venue might then not be able to
make the day it fell upon, and would then only be able to attend one
meeting every 8 weeks. Which sucks. If we have two venues, three meeting
days is fine, whether or not it's Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday or Monday,
Tuesday & Thursday. =)

Regards,
Rob