[SWLUG] Re: Discuss digest, Vol 1 #256 - 6 msgs

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 23:02:51 UTC 2003

Hmm. Interesting.I tried this and had some loud clicks and beeps out of the modem. I lifted the receiver after it failed to get through on the first go. Still no noise other than the dial tone. Interesting. I'm utterly baffled now. The modem appears to work but I can't get it to speak down the phoneline. I know the modem data lead is OK because the modem talks to the server. I know the phone extension cable is OK because I'm using it with Persius right now. I believe the cable that goes between the extension cable and the mini phone ports on the modem is OK too. I even tried switching the cable from Line to Phone with no success.  The manual was very informative but doesn't seem to cover this situation (mind, I stopped reading after it stopped talking about Minicom). Rhys