[SWLUG] Windows XP

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Wed Apr 14 11:35:58 UTC 2004

Most likely the whole drive is taken up with a single NTFS partition for
XP, and, depending on the make of laptop, a hidden 'recovery' partition
to stop people from having access to a real, tangible disc for backup
which they might pass out among friends. This is the way with modern
laptops, sadly.

I suspect there's a distro out there that will do the partition resizing
for you, and Mandrake is a prime candidate given its target audience.
Failing that you'll need something like Partition Magic to do the
resizing for you - an old version I used resized FAT partitions with no
problem, and I'd be surprised if a newer version isn't capable of
resizing NTFS.

Steve