[SWLUG] Windows XP

Gareth Bowker tgb at tgb.org.uk
Wed Apr 14 11:33:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 12:21, Julian Hall wrote:

> I've only used Mandrake 9.0 and 9.1, but both will partition the drive
> during installation and can be told to use the unallocated section.  I'm
> assuming here by "using less than 10Gb" you mean 30 is not allocated, or do
> you mean it is all FAT32 formatted?

I think he means that the 40GB XP partition is under 25% full. Just
spoken to a Mandrake bod at the office here, apparently resizing works
in 9.2 but not in 10.0 - the partition table that it writes out is
broken in such as way as to make Windows unusable, even a reinstall of
Windows won't fix it.

Gareth