[SWLUG] Mandrake 10.0 and samba

Default i.am.learning.linux at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 23 10:27:56 UTC 2004

Hi All

Firstly i am a newbie so if this has already been asked i appologise.

As a windows user trying to get aware from windows i have dual booted my

machine with Mandrake 10.0

I have been trying blindly to try and work it out by myself (mandrake
site doesn't seem to have much help)

Any how.. i have a couple of winXP machines in my house and i was trying

to get samba (though th GUI) to allow me to view files on the shared
drives on the other computers.

He is what has happened so far

I set it up ok (i think) the second machine has 5 hard drives (4ntfs 1
fat32). The 3rd drive (NTFS) appears to be causing the problem...  it
would not mount.

So when i went back into the samba configuration screen (in the Gui) if
just freezes at that drive.....

so i thought (being a windows user) remove and reinstall, which i did..
still the problem happened. I checked the config file for it
(/ect/samba) and it seems they havent changed..

then i removed samba again and deleted the conf files.  (thinking they
would be re created)

they werent.. now i cant log on to any of the machine at all

anyone have any idea's??

please

thanks

Dan