[SWLUG] Mandrake 10.0 and samba

Adam Rykala adam.rykala at new-wales.net
Mon Aug 23 14:09:34 UTC 2004

On Monday 23 Aug 2004 11:27 am, Default wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Firstly i am a newbie so if this has already been asked i appologise.
>
> As a windows user trying to get aware from windows i have dual booted my
>
> machine with Mandrake 10.0

What gui was you using - U've always found the best way to config Samba was ia
drakconf - it gives you a chooser.

As far as configuring Samba - in Mandrake Contribs there is a package called
Server Wizards which gives you extra addon-s to Drakconf to config Apache,
Samba, DNS etc.... I suggest your best bet would be finding a contribs mirror
and using that

--

| I'll be right there, I'll never leave      | pgp key id: 0x4f3bc1d1       |
| All I ask of you...... is believe...       | Stop SCO - http://groklaw.net|

NB: I will be changing my Virgin Net address due to spam soon, so please can
you update your address book to use this email address for me.

WinNT error 003: FPU error - enter any 11 digit prime number to continue.