[SWLUG] Speedtouch DSL modem

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 20:32:03 UTC 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 20:16, Paul G. Richardson wrote:
> Adam,
>
> Just gone over to a router but was using a P166 Box, running Smoothwall
> with Speedtouch USB off the back of it with NIC card to connect to my
> internal network. Work like a charm and only rarely had problems when
> the "Bread Knife" decided that she was in too much of a hurry to
> shutdown Smoothwall properly so just pressed the power button instead.
> Still solved this by finding the offending lock file on the box and
> deleting it.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul

I've only just gone over to DSL (exchange was activated in Nov) and so I'm
still feeling around - it seems as if the machine gets very silly load the
line drops.... Sometimes its a sod to get back up...

I've toyed between

1) Replacing the USB modem with a router///
2) Mucking with Diald to automate
3) Just living with it as its not a major problem ;-)

adam rykala - pgp key id: 0x009078ab
the new-wales project / mozilla firefox / this system kills

Clock strikes twelve and moondrops burst
Out at you from their hiding place
Like acid and oil on a madman's face
His reason tends to fly away