[SWLUG] Speedtouch DSL modem

Paul G. Richardson phantompgr at btopenworld.com
Sun Dec 19 20:46:42 UTC 2004

Decided to go over to a router for the fun / interest / boredom etc..

Now have the following configuration:

Internal network of 4 computers with gateway address of the Smoothwall
machine. This now has two NICS (one for internal access) with the new
NIC connecting on a different VLan to the router/switch. This itself is
now permanently connected to the internet.

Works a treat and I now get three different types of firewall inbetween
my client machines and the internet. Whether that makes any difference
is doubtful really as they are all packet filter firewalls but two
different networks I thought was pretty cool!

PGR