[SWLUG] Linux IP Settings

Peter Joseph kneecaps at shockpulse.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 06:20:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 15:16, bascule wrote:
> for the last couple of versions mandrake has kept ip settings in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (or whatever)
> any way this should all be set using mcc to configure the system

I would highly HIGHLY recommend setting up a dhcp system, if he is using
only Linux this should be pretty easy to instal dhcpd on one of the
'server' type machines. Just define an ip range to dish out, or you can
even setup hostnames and ip's based on MAC address's. Total flexibillity
and this way expansion is easy.

Peter

--
Peter Joseph  		                  Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer
kneecaps at shockpulse.co.uk                         kneecaps at debian.org
http://www.shockpulse.co.uk/                   http://www.debian.org/
   "If there were no god, we would have to invent him." - Voltaire
			PGP Key: 598454F1