[SWLUG] Carmarthen & ISPs

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 16:43:50 UTC 2004

Carmarthen at midday on Saturdays seems a good choice
then. Last I heard was that the train started in
Swansea, passed through Gowerton at speed and then
stopped at Llanelli before Carmarthen. I'd considered
a day trip to Carmarthen by train before but had been
put off by having to go by bus to Swansea to get a
train from Swansea to Carmarthen. I've done the
journey from home, changing busses in Gowerton,
Gorseinon and Llanelli. It's a stunningly attractive
route but a long journey.

I'm thinking of changing ISPs. I've been complaining
to Freeserve about non-delivery of email for a long
time. Their response seems to be that they know they
have spammers on their servers and that they didn't
seem to be too bothered about them. I've just
challenged them to give me a discount for my
non-delivered emails.

At the moment I'm paying £15 per month for 50k. I know
Tiscali is doing £15 for 150k and constant connection.
Does anybody know whether the Penclawdd exchange can
take broadband? Also, does anybody have any
suggestions as to cheaper/better ISPs.

Rhys