[SWLUG] Setting tuner type for BTTV card with kernel support?

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 15 13:11:41 UTC 2004

Hi, all.

I'm having some trouble at the moment with my TV tuner card. I used to
have it installed via modules, which allowed me to set the tuner type
and in turn allowed me to tune in stations and watch them. The problem
is that with the support compiled into the kernel, I can't seem to find
a way to tell it what kind of tuner chip is installed and it's not able
to tune the card!

Has anyone ever done this before? I don't really want to recompile the
kernel to remove support & build it as a module (I'm told it's less
efficient so it would be a bit of a step backwards) but if noone here
has any suggestions I think I'll have to!

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks

Foeh